This wiki is a repository for information useful to staff in CS; it is a community resource, please feel free to contribute.
Pages available on the CS Staff wiki include. You may also find General CS wiki for both staff and students of interest.
The COVID-19 outbreak raises a lot questions, and a lot of information is scattered around many emails. While this is unavoidable due to the fast-moving nature of things, we try to gather information here.
- Blended_Learning_in_AY20-21 a collection of resources relating to the development of blended learning.
- Online Teaching this page has useful information about our "emergency" moves to support online delivery.
- COVID-19 FAQ for our students.
- There's an FAQ page for PGR students and supervisors and some Coronavirus PGR Supervisors Guidance.
- A university summary page with teaching related policy guidance and the university's Institute of Teaching and Learning
- Semester 2 Exams. Our students will not be taking summative assessments. We will provide formative exam papers to allow the students to test their understanding of the materials; here is further guidance on this.
- Voluntary Measures for saving on staff costs (VS, etc.)
- Zoom meeting Kilburn Common Room (Virtual) a daily, virtual meeting open to all Kilburn staff 12:30-13:00 to drop in, say hello, share your experience, and ask questions.
- Guidance on working from home: HSE guidance on working from home, StaffNet guidance, StaffNet Wellbeing support, plus a nice summary FAQ page.
- HR has published a staff FAQ and a Guide to HR Operations.
- Recruitment processes.
- Expenses Claims, explaining procurement and claims process, and GTA timesheets.
- Departmental Meetings
- Would you like to volunteer and have special health/social care skills? There's guidance on this.
- REF 2020
- Green Impact Team
- Research Ethics FAQ
- Research Impact Resources (Under Construction)
- Promotion Process and Documentation for academic staff, incl. Reward for Exceptional Performance for all staff
- Probation Process and Documentation for academic staff
- Performance & development reviews for academic and research Staff
- Induction for new staff
- Meeting Etiquette for all staff
- Room Allocation Policy for all staff
- Buying Computers for all staff
- Parental Leave and Flexible Working for all staff
- Travelling including Risk Assessment and Export Control
- Academic Visitors of staff and students visiting from other institutions
Boiler-Plate Text Snippets
- Information Systems Officer Role
- GitLab Student Project Manager
- IT related information for staff
- CS Systems - various systems maintained around the school
- General LaTeX Staff FAQ
- Open source software
- Oracle migration - planning migrating the Oracle database from aardvark.
- Xilinx Zynq
- Support Portal CS - working document to gather generic headings which CS require in the Support Portal
- Wednesday Waggle - some technical notes on waggle.cs.manchester.ac.uk
- Ordering Computers for PGRs
- Examination Guidance
- Electronic Exams
- Academic Advising
- Programme Amendment
- Expectations as Course Unit Leader
- Undergraduate Examining Rules ( Previous Version ) (Updated 7/4/20)
- Application of Mitigating Circumstances at UG (Updated 28/6/19)
- FAQ on Academic Malpractice (UG)
- COMP23311:Software Engineering Course Team Information
- Placing teaching materials on studentnet
- Timetable general info
- Expectations as a Personal Tutor
- Expectations as a 3rd Year Project Supervisor
- Expectations as a Lab and Examples Class Supervisor
Admissions and recruitment
Here is information for PGR Programmes (in case I'm in a Train Wreck):
- PGR Handbook (Full)
- Expectations of the Student (Handbook)
- Expectations of the Supervisor (Handbook)
- PGR Home (CS Staffnet)
- Regulations & Policies (MDC)
- Code of Practice (MDC)
- PGR Student Index (eProg)
- PGRs For New Staff
- Viva Expenses
- Welcome Week
- Research Training Support Grants
- Ordering Computers for PGRs
- EPSRC Vacation Bursaries (Internships)
- Internships & Placements
- EngD FAQ
- SCS Common Room Ideas - Comments & Suggestions
- SCS Courtyard - Comments & Suggestions
- Out of hours document - staff-only version for proposing updates
- Information for staff about 2013 IT changes (now superseded by the IT FAQ page above)
- Timetable changes 2014/15
- Timetable changes 2015/16
- Timetable changes 2016/17
- MATH timetable
- HCI Programme